Tuesday, March 4, 2008

You call THIS Spring?

On Saturday, Chantal and I blissfully left Provo without our coats (where the then-current temperature was in the 70s) and headed North for her pre-birthday celebration. The weather channel had reported that a storm would be blowing through our area on Saturday, but the 77 degree weather suggested that the meteorologists, once again, were wrong.

By the time we ran some errands in Salt Lake City and made our way past the wait into the Cheesecake Factory in Sandy, two hours had elapsed. Apparently, the storm (in all its fury) had also chosen to arrive by this time, dropping the temperature to 34 degrees, and causing a massive hail/snowstorm outside the protective covering of the factory. Unfortunately, I looked down at my choice of footwear and rued the day I decided to ignore the weather channel.

Running from the Cheesecake Factory to the car, then from the car into the theater to see Jumper (which, by the way, is an entertaining but frustrating half of a movie with tons of loose ends), my shoes proceeded to absorb all the moisture humanly possible within a 5 minute time frame.

If only I had these handy dandy toe umbrellas. Sigh.

3 comments:

Erik said...

I can't believe you went and saw Jumper. Shame on you

Anonymous said...

I missed the weather. Oh yeah, I was at my Provo house. Pattie (I can never remember my login)

Lyndsay said...

What do the Chinese have to combat damage to the feets in ice storms?