Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's gettin' hot in here...

The following is a conversation I had with my boss sometime around lunch a couple of days ago. We pride ourselves on our communication and clarity:

Boss: "Catherine... could you come in here for a second?"

[Catherine, on her way out the door to the water cooler with cup in hand to calm the spicy pasta taste in her mouth, pauses at the door of B's office.]

Catherine: "Sure, what's up?"

B: "Can you review this email on my screen to see if it's offensive?"

C: "Hold on a second... my mouth is on fire. Let me get some water really fast."

[C, upon returning to her office, sees Boss wandering around and looking quizically at her computer.]

C: "Ok, I'm back. My mouth is okay now. Let's look at that email."

B: "Ooohh. You said your MOUTH was on fire. I thought you said your MOUSE was on fire. I came in here wondering how you were going to put out the fire by dunking it in water."

[Note: I use a laptop. I don't even have a mouse].

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would sympathize, but my office has it's own communication problems. For example, a mere two days ago my boss and his paralegal discussed ejaculation by asphyxiation in the open office. I almost vomited. I seem to be plagued by these type of offices. You should ask Lyndsay about our B&P meetings. At one meeting everyone figured out their own stripper name (first pet's name plus first street you lived on name, or something fun like that). Fun!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Oh the fun I miss. From a secret admirer