Monday, January 28, 2008

Tribute

"I am no longer a young man filled with energy and vitality. I am an old man. I'm given to meditation and prayer. I would enjoy sitting in a rocker, swallowing prescriptions, listening to soft music, and contemplating the things of the universe. But such activity offers no challenge and makes no contribution. I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement, to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and strength of testimony."- President Gordon B. Hinckley.

President Hinckley is a rockstar. I mean that with all sincerity and respect. After passing away yesterday, I'm sure he's on the other side running around, bonding with his wife, meeting his predecessors, and making everyone laugh. I am particularly grateful for his efforts to face every reporter with his characteristic humor and candor, while making the LDS church seem like less of a cult and more of a respected religious organization around the world. His personality will be irreplaceable... I'm just glad we were blessed with his leadership, hard work, and presence for so many years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

M. said...

and a double amen