Thursday, November 29, 2007

Transportation woes... solved.

For all of those out there who are suffering from sleepless nights and trying desperately to find the perfect Christmas gift for me, look no further! (Lyndsay--credit to you for this spectacular find.)

I am sure many of you are aware of my amazing sense of direction. On more than one occasion, I have stopped somewhere along a four-way intersection to get gas, and found myself lost as I exited the gas station. As a direct result of that phenomenon, I have also flipped many an illegal u-turn in my day. That aside, I am a firm believer that if I move at a slightly slower rate of speed, chances are good that I'll be able to orient myself better and develop a better sense of direction.

Enter: The Bicycle Forest Treadmill Bike [Deluxe]

I know what you're thinking... a treadmill? PLUS a bike? Yes, my friends. This invention really is THAT good. Amazingly enough, the rugged design of this Bicycle Forest allows me to "bike" through evergreen forests and along country roads. While my commute in the snow, on an interstate highway, and up steep hills that cut around mountains might be slightly more taxing than the evergreen forests contemplated by this bike's design, I am confident that this invention will make the perfect commuting vehicle. Additionally, as the video states, the Bicycle Forest also allows me to be outside in nature, while still "protect[ing] myself from dirt and other contaminents commonly found on the earth's surface". All I can say is... wow.

Now, I know what you MUST be thinking--there is no way that this sort of perfection can be cheap, right? If you order now, you can purchase this for only 2,500 Canadian dollars! Unfortunately, our exchange rate has taken a beating lately (seriously? Canadian dollars are worth more than US dollars? Who should we be speaking to about this?). But, don't let a shabby exchange rate stop you. Just watch the video below--and let that be your guide.

The Bike Forest Video Extraordinaire

Note: if you do end up purchasing this for me, make sure that you "add some bling bling to an already sweet ride with a pair of deuce extreme spinner rims. Fo shizzle." I'm pretty sure that comes on the "Deluxe" model.

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

Catherine-- if you can't have that new car, I think this is the very, very best next option. Tade in your civic for one of these!! You can use the extra money to make up for the fact that you never make it to work until noon, even though you leave at the same time as before! ;)

jackie e said...

awesome. i like how she says you can even take it on the bus. that is super shizzle.

Lyndsay said...

Fo shizzle. I think Toledo is completely on board.