Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The mark of a true professional

I have avoided accepting the fact that I am a working professional until now. I think I've put up a pretty good fight--post graduation, I've attempted to escape my current working situation by considering changing jobs, moving, or going back to school to get a masters degree in something non-law-related that doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out from boredom.

Lately, though, I've started to embrace this special stage in life, which started one day when I bought some girly BR shirts. I suppose turning away from my propensity of dressing like a metrosexual male shouldn't be considered a bad thing. I've also recently replaced my masculine Franco Sarto loafers with some girly flats for work... but the true leap towards becoming an adult came yesterday.

We hit up the Coach outlet in Park City in an effort to find a present for Qing Ping to take back to my mom who lives in Taiwan. And... there... I found a pretty bag that I've decided to start using as my work purse/lunch sack. I suppose I can't really be frustrated that my coworkers consider me to still be a student since I've carried my North Face backpack to work every day since starting my job last September. Embarassing. So, to all those who think I still look like I'm 16 and to all my coworkers who think I'm still an undergrad, let me bring your attention to my new red bag that I now carry with my graduation present of a briefcase. I'm moving up friends, moving up.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see...the phone call you had me make today makes more sense now... :)

Linds said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Unknown said...

i hate purses, yet i've grown up too and keep acquiring them only to move on. you give me hope that somewhere there is a purse that matches my ever changing idenity too.

M. said...

haa. congrats! :) I remember that stage... i hated purses, only had a wallet. then, with toting meds, wallet, work crap... i upgraded- however whereas yours is real... mine is a Beijing knock off :) onward and upward my friend!