Saturday, February 2, 2008

When you can't go snowboarding...

The last time I really went snowboarding was before my mission (yes, friends... 5 years ago). In an effort to actually enjoy the (*^*& snow that has been falling incessantly in Utah, Wendy has gone skiing quite frequently this year. Despite the fact that I bought new boots and bindings at the end of last season and anticipated actually going snowboarding this year, I have still been hesitant to take the plunge by buying an expensive lift ticket, expending a bunch of energy, and tumbling down a mountain.

However, my desire to head up to a ski resort is now renewed due to today's afternoon activity. When you can't go snowboarding... what do you do? You build a ramp in your [very short] front yard, strap on your snowboard... and... go.

[And yes, you do hear me saying... "ahhhh, I'm scared... Nooooo! I'm going to die... Aaaaaaahhhh". Also, notice Wendy's concern for my well being after I crash onto the cement sidewalk. I'm touched.]

4 comments:

M. said...

so... I havent either and I'm dying. If i get a ticket to come out, wanna go together? Ritual humiliation? :) I really, really want to!

Lyndsay said...

While I can't watch the vid at work, I am impressed by your ingenuity in creating an cheaper snowboarding environment.

Mike said...

that was CRAZY!!! and without a helmet too... you have a death wish or something?

Crazy Utahns...

Dave said...

Wendy should charge you $30 for that wicked run. That would ease you into the horror of paying at a resort.