Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Creepy Toothpaste

Taiwan is FULL of great things to eat, which may or may not include what is shown in this picture of a fish market near Taipei. Unfortunately, my clandestine picture-taking (as to prevent anyone from chasing me out of the fish market) resulted in a fuzzy picture that doesn't quite give justice to the grandeur of the products. Please note, however, that the gray mounds in blue trays are different types of miniature dried fish, and the red/yellow/orange piles are assorted fish carcasses and parts.

Perhaps these random food products are what gives rise to Taiwan's superior dental hygiene products. Despite the fact that Colgate is an American brand, the toothpaste makers seem to add a little somethinge extra to their Taiwanese product line.

May I please ask, what is the "'Dentist-Like' Ingredient" that creates "smooth & polished teeth"? Given that phrasing, I can only think of a couple of alternatives:

1. Ground up dentists, injected straight into the toothpaste, or

2. Individuals posing as dentists (thereby qualifying them as only Dentist-like), also injected into the toothpaste.

Hmm. I've been using this toothpaste for the past few days. I wonder if the Sweeney Todd-like ingredient is contributing positively to the strength of my pearly whites.

2 comments:

M. said...

ha! I thought you were going to say the toothpaste was fish flavored. I like the ground up dentist bones better ;)

Lyndsay said...

Ew! Can I try some?