Friday, February 8, 2008

Fortune (-Fortune) Cookies

Our company ordered in Panda Express for lunch today. I still regret mocking my roommate at BYU during my sophomore year (yes, that's you Jack-ay) for loving Panda Express so much... and then she made me actually try it... and my attitude changed. That MSG-enriched, processed food is pretty good (as long as you're not expecting actual Chinese food).

In any case, I was quite happy to see the big basket of fortune cookies that accompanied our meal when I went to grab my lunch. Sure, associating those cookies with Chinese food isn't quite ethnically correct... but those little cookies sure are tasty.

I'll admit... I grabbed a handful of the cookies... and made off like a little chipmunk from the Purple People Eatery (yes, that is what our CEO named our cafeteria). However, my "fortunes" are making me question my current path in life:

1 - Your mind is filled with new ideas. Make use of them.
2 - Avoid unchallenging occupations--they waste your talents.
3 - A wise lumberjack always has a sharp saw.
4 - A partner can help you in your efforts to get ahead.

I assume that these fortunes dictate the path my life should take, right? The logical conclusion is that I clearly need to stop being a silly attorney and wasting my talents--I must have some awesome ideas for sharpening metal in the deep recesses of my mind, and I think I'm going to jump head first into starting my own tree-cutting business. Anyone want to partner up with me?

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

1. I LOVE that you admit to eating four fortune cookies.
2. I think the fortune cookie gods are telling you to a)quit your job; b)start a wood cutting business--but make sure to sharpen your saw first; and c) get married.
I should read tarot cards for a living. Can you remotely open my fortune cookie(s)?

Pattie S Christensen said...

How did your astrology play into this?

A sharp saw can be code for a sharp tongue. Maybe litigation is where you belong.

M. said...

wow, never eat at PF Chengs then. All of theirs promotes their own food. For example: "you need more spice in your life, try out Kung Pho Chicken".

jackie e said...

you're welcome!

Cynthia said...

not a fan of the panda place. big fan of pei wei though. for 3 bucks you can get a kids meal thats actually an adult portion. not a fan of their fortune cookies though. thats my food for thought! :)