Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby mops

Following the discussion on First Amendment rights and cyberlaw, let us now turn our focus to child labor laws. This little round-headed Asian child is pretty cute, eh? Unfortunately, cute doesn't pay the bills.

"After the birth of a child there's always the temptation to say 'Yes, it's cute, but what can it do?' Until recently the answer was simply 'lie there and cry', but now babies can be put on the payroll, so to speak, almost as soon as they're born.

Just dress your young one in Baby Mops and set him or her down on any hard wood or tile floor that needs cleaning. You may at first need to get things started by calling to the infant from across the room, but pretty soon they'll be doing it all by themselves.

There's no child exploitation involved. The kid is doing what he does best anyway, crawling. But, with Baby Mops he's also learning responsibility and a healthy work ethic."

Any guesses as to where this magazine comes from? The Engrish is too good to be from an Asian magazine, which makes me to wonder... why is an Asian boy the poster child for child labor?

8 comments:

The Chou Family said...

Where can I buy one of those???

Unknown said...

My guess is Canada... they're always doing crazy stuff up there :).

Star Gazer said...

Hilarious! I love it.

Shiloh said...

hahahahahaha.
I'm going to order a case of these-- I'll never have to think of a good babyshower gift again! ;)

Anonymous said...

I saw this before too. If it is on the internet, it must be legit right!!

M. said...

so are you going to tell us??? This is hilarious, but I honestly think i would get so grossed out by what my child came up with in that- short gag reflex... eek, i'm squirming just thinking!

Cynthia said...

who ever thought of this is a genious. its about time we put our kids to work. Please tell me where you found this I MUST have one for aden. :)

Unknown said...

i'm sad to report that i have no idea. and, i'm even more sad to report that we'll never know what else was advertised on the previous 133 pages of this catalogue. sigh.