Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Car troubles

1 - Yesterday when I went to Costco to fill up my car, I took a look at the gas prices and said (apparently too loudly) "Uuugghhh! So painful!"

Everyone within 15 feet of me turned around to look at me. Oopsie.

2 - This morning I dropped my car off to get serviced. I asked the service guy if he could get someone to drive me to work. He told me he'd give me a loaner vehicle instead because he didn't want one of his "lot technicians" taking three hours to drive me there and back (and thereby avoiding his alternative duty of washing cars) because "the customer wanted to go to breakfast and then I got stuck in traffic"...

I was pleased with the service guy until he asked me "are you 21"? Really?

On an unrelated note, either I'm going crazy or there really is elevator music that's descending into my office from above.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I too have let an audible protest of gas prices escape these lips--and I don't have a zippy car!
Sorry about the elevator musak (I think that's the correct spelling in this circumstance), I sent you an [elevator] singing telegram.

Mark and Kim said...

Is that your new fancy schmancy car?? btw..I tagged you on my blog (that should give you something to do at work tomorrow)

Paige said...

Sweet car.
Yeah, I paid $70 to fill up my car the other day. That is just wrong.
I would love it if someone asked me if I was 21, and they were actually serious. That'd make my day.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.