Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wii-tacular!

Thanks to Shiloh (and her never-ending resevoir of patience and kindness), mom and Ron learned to play Wii Tennis yesterday. Here are some of the jewels from the treasure chest of mom's questions last night:

1. "Hey--how come my guy won't throw the ball up" (while trying to throw up a ball for serve with her non-wiimote-bearing hand).

2. "What did I do wrong? No, really. WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!" (after swinging 2 seconds too early/late).

3. "WHAT IS GOING ON? I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE BALL?" (before whacking Shiloh with great force on her backhand swing follow-through.)

4. "Ron, WE NEED THIS GAME. Let's go buy one tomorrow, since I can't exercise unless I'm inside with the air conditioning on!" (Ron then responded... "but if we get this game, will you ever let me play?")

Despite all the confusion and resulting physical injuries, mom had a fabulous time and was quite pleased that we were able to find a pharoah-like hairdo to attach to her mii and call her own.

5 comments:

Paige said...

I would really enjoy watching your mom play Wii. That's cool she's back! Welcome home Val! (I can only call her that cause Stef's too afraid to call her anything).

M. said...

haa just make sure she doesn't get Tennis elbow. :) oh, and WHEN ARE YOU COMING?!

Shiloh said...

I think I'm gonna drop out of school and just play Wii with your Mom and Ron. That was fun. :)

Catherine said...

haha... only a couple of weeks, mel! then we'll party like it's 1999. shiloh... COME BACK OVER AND PLAY! we have a smattering of games now :) and paige... val says hi :)

Lyndsay said...

This reaffirms my conviction that I MUST convince my parents to get a wii.