Monday, June 2, 2008

iToilet

Can you remember what life was like in the dark ages before the invention of iPods, Zunes (which I hear suck, by the way… go back to your mothership, Microsoft), and no-name mp3 players? I can’t. In fact, I can't remember a time when I started a conversation with a stranger instead of ducking my head down with my proudly-displayed white headphones protruding from my ears.

I am happy to report that the convenience and seclusion afforded by mp3 players has been taken one step further—landing in a bathroom near you.

Toilet Tunes gives you privacy and ambience in the bathroom automatically using patent pending wireless technology. Toilet Tunes consists of two components, a digital sound machine and a wireless sensor that easily attaches to any toilet. The sensor is waterproof, washable and guaranteed to stay on. The high quality digital sound machine was created by European designer Lukasz Bertolli. It’s* sleek soft lines compliment any bathroom or guest bathroom at home or the office. It offers a choice of music or nature sounds, including Jazz, Latin Guitar, Modern Pop, Ocean Waves, Mountain Stream or Soothing Rain.”

In other words, European-designed privacy and ambiance in the bathroom + listening to the soundtrack from High School Musical while doing my business = a $100 value for only $29.95 + $9.95 shipping and handling?

What a steal of a deal! With THAT kind of a bargain, I will never again be tempted with "facilities" such as those pictured here, located along the hiking trail at Cinque Terra. Using the bathroom without sounds of a mountain stream or soothing rain... why, that's practically barbaric. And, who WOULDN'T want to hear a latin guitar while doing their bi-ness?

*Note to Toilet Tunes copy editor… “it’s” means “it is”.

5 comments:

Dave said...

I don't think it's too early to declare this the 'must have' gift of the gift-giving season!

Star Gazer said...

Hilarious! I've actually seen similar toilet accessories in Japan.

Shiloh said...

In Japan, in some of the upscale restrooms, they had something like this. It would play sounds like you were sitting near a river or creek when you went in the stall. I LOVED it. And I also thought is was hilarous. I am totally the kind of person who would rather hear rain or rivers or even (heaven help us) High School Music in the public restroom than my neighbor in the next stall. I think "must have" may be correct! ;)

M. said...

I bet Japan puts them in all their public facilities as "upgrades" ah yeah, mark my words.

Erik said...

I'm with you: Zunes suck even though i've never seen one in person or tried one.