Friday, May 2, 2008

Now on to Florence.

Agenda: Uffizi Gallery, fake David, Ponte Vecchio bridge, another big-a duomo (green this time), and the bronze doors.

Highlights:

I was very excited to see the Ponte Vecchio after seeing my CFO's awesome picture of the bridge taken the last time he was in Italy. While this picture spares you from the shot I took of the bridge shortly after leaving the neighboring Uffizi Gallery (where the sheeting rain distorted the image quite well), I figure that you can make your own accurate weather forecast by looking at the bright, cheery clouds in this picture. I'm pretty sure that the rain intentionally followed us around Europe.

Nonetheless, we pressed on, saw the green duomo (which was surprisingly also "under construction" in the form of a massive cleaning requiring a great deal of scaffolding with not one cleaner in sight... tax evasion? Anyone? Anyone?), and all the other sites on our list of fun/agenda above.

Despite the many cool sites, my favorite picture from Florence is to the right--on a small Florence street, with personalities evident as Chantal very Vanna Whited-ly shows off Europe's finest, and I... attack the car.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

I would SO drive that car if I weren't worried about getting smushed by SUVs. I just don't think the European cars translate for use in the U.S.--otherwise I think at least ep would make a switch to mini-minis.