Thursday, July 24, 2008

27 Going On 18

Ok, I recognize that I've blogged about looking like I'm a teenager before. However, this story simply must be shared.

After writing a complaint and threatening to sue our cable/internet/phone provider Mstar (that's another story in and of itself but be warned... Mstar is run by a bunch of teenagers and is SO SHADY), I felt a need to de-stress.

The venue: Pioneer Day Festival in Mountain Green (small town in Northern Utah)

Location: Cotton Candy stand (because who doesn't want cotton candy at 10:30am?)

I joked around a bit with the girl spinning my cotton candy who happened to have cotton candy covering her forearm like a cast. Her little brother (who couldn't be more than 17) came over and started talking to me.

17: Hey--do you live around here?

C: No... but my roommate is from around here.

17: Oh--who's your roommate?

C: Chantal Cardon.

17: Oh. Ok. So... where are you... where do you go to school?

C: Oh, I already graduated.

17: Oh, I know that... but... do you go to Weber?

C: [quizzical look]

17: Oh... you already... graduated... from college...

Yes, that's right. I was hit on by a 17 year old who thought I was a freshman in college. I didn't have the heart to add that I had finished grad school, worked for almost 2 years, and went on a mission. Let's be honest--I felt sorry for the little guy. As for me... my birthday is coming up pretty soon here. I guess I shouldn't be so stressed that I'll officially be in my upper 20s if I still look like I'm 18.

6 comments:

M. said...

I smell a cougar! haaa.

Shiloh said...

hahaha! Poor kid! At least he has good taste in women!

Unknown said...

Lol- UT doesn't get any better than that. If I remember right- this is exactly why you are moving to DC. Hope the cotton candy was scrumptious!

Lyndsay said...

Your car looks better than ever in that pic!

Wendolamite said...

can you bring me back some of that cotton candy goodness?

Roger Dunbar said...

Perhaps the fact that you were buying cotton candy at 10:30am had something to do with him thinking you were 18.